All That Glitters

Monday, August 5, 2013

Where's the Restart Button?


Holy Hera, Monday. Why do you have to show your ugly face yet again? And why do you have to do it so quickly? Wasn't it just Friday? Not to mention, you're particularly ugly today, Mons. That's what happens when you rudely greet me after a night of barely any sleep. It would be wonderful, friend, if you just accelerated your clock and moved on to Tuesday.

Oh, you don't talk to days of the week like they're people? My apologies. Sometimes it just happens and I can't stop it. Sue me. 

Moving on, I have deemed this past weekend spectacular enough to recount in a blog post for all you readers out there. Primarily, it's so I can look back at fond memories with admiration of the fun times of my youth. But it's also because I want to share it. 

The fun times truly started on Wednesday, with a softball playoff game and a night out celebrating these two studs moving. 


Going away parties, though fun, are always a little sad. And by a little sad, I mean I ended the night blabbering like an idiot and bawling on my drive home. 

Thursday night, I went with some friends to see 2 Guns - the new Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg flick. I adore Denzel with everything in me, so I had to go see it the night before it's official release. And I was not disappointed. It was awesome and hilarious. Marky Mark was totally wonderful, funny and badass. My main man Denzel was perfect as usual. I loved it. 

Friday night, the boy and I met up with some best friends and went to go get dinner before our GLOW GOLFING TOURNAMENT.



No joke. It was SO much fun. We tee'd off around 9 pm, drinking beers, eating cookies and candy, with glow balls in our hands and glow sticks layering our bodies. Playing golf in the complete black of night was interesting, to say the least, but the laid back atmosphere resulted in no worries, no cares and a load of laughs. 

Saturday, I had errands to run and the beau decided to go golfing. I put on a pretty dress, we went to the best friend's house, and went to lunch at The Masters. Some delicious food later and a couple errands, and I was laying out poolside, beer in hand, with one of my friends at her house. We spent hours talking and soaking up the sun - it was glorious. Then I went back to the bestie's house where the boys were lounging after golf. All of us went to grab dinner at this restaurant called The Renshaw Lounge. We ate copious amounts of tots, drank and watched the Tigers. Then we walked across the street to our favorite liquor store, got some goodies and headed back to their house for a fun night. 



My friend and I played Edward Forty Hand, and we played Bang!, our favorite board game. It was such a fun night - I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday. 

Then came Sunday, in all its active glory. (I wouldn't recommend drinking like we did the night before a day of running and hitting balls, as fun as it may be.) It was my summer softball league's playoffs, meaning a full day of nothing but softball. Literally. We played 8 hours of softball, leading to this sunburned and incredibly attractive picture: 


I match my damn sports bra. 
We won our first two games, lost the third, had a yummy lunch, then won the fourth and made it to the championship game against the team we lost to earlier. They managed to beat us, but we had so much fun that game, it didn't even matter. Though the day had its mishaps and quarrels, the good outweighed the bad and I ended it feeling totally elated and positive. 

We closed out the night with dinner at Duggan's, where I had freaking PIGS IN A BLANKET (yes, I'm a child) and a yummy frozen rum runner. It was also a good friend's Bridal Shower on Sunday, which I'm extremely bummed I missed. The night closed out with me barely getting any sleep, though I desperately needed and wanted to. 


It was a really terrific, stupendous weekend, with lots of laughs and more beer and fried foods than I've consumed this entire summer. I wish every weekend was like this one, filled with so much friend time, you don't even have the time to be unhappy or worry about life's little difficulties. 

Can someone press the magical 'restart' button on life's remote? Just set to Friday, please. 

Have a great week, my little lobsters! 


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment