Dear heavenly Hera, why do the weekends have to go by so quickly? It just doesn't make sense how two-and-a-half splendid days of relaxation can evaporate into the stratosphere in what seems like .2 seconds.
I don't really have a theme in mind for this post, besides to tell you about my weekend shenans. And really, they weren't all that exciting. Truthfully, my fingers just want to do some walking across this ol' keyboard of mine and you
We'll start off with Friday, shall we? Oh right. For background purposes, this weekend was the annual Woodward Dream Cruise, when all the car folks bring out their hot rods, their cruise-mobiles and whatever else piece of metal and steel they love and cherish. While it's technically Saturday, people start bringing out their cars the week before. And Friday is a mini Dream Cruise.
So Friday after work, my mother, beau and I drove our buns over to Duggan's (a bar on Woodward, famous for being the Dream Cruise hot spot) and stood in line for an hour to get a table in their upstairs area. The upstairs is the place to be, with all the windows open and a great view of the street, not to mention killer drinks and fantastic food. We got some drinks, ordered some food and watched the cars drive by, pointing to our favorites and enjoying the music from the live band outside.
![]() |
| The famous Duggan Rum Runner with Woodward in the background |
Afterwards, we walked around Woodward and went to get some ice cream and watch more cars. It was a really great, fun night.
![]() |
| My favorite car EVER - Sh Boom. |
Saturday: The boy and I made breakfast and walked down to the official Dream Cruise! We sat, we walked, we watched, we walked some more. Then we went home, got into a huge fight and worked through some stuff. Nothing ruins a day more than relationship troubles. Luckily, we solved things and managed to enjoy the rest of our night.
![]() |
| The only picture I took at the damn Cruise. Not even of a cool car, but of a giant Hulk! |
We went to Qdoba for some food, then cruised down Woodward to a friend's house for a Dream Cruise party! Everyone there were old friends from high school whom I don't get to see as often as I would like. It was an AMAZING night and definitely needed.
Sunday: We made breakfast and watched the last episode of Orange is the New Black. Seriously cannot wait for the second season of that show! It's addicting. Then we had a golf lesson at my country club. I finally figured out my drive, which is exciting! Can't wait to get out and test it on a fairway. And if you don't play golf, I'm sorry that you have know idea what I mean by that. #sorryi'mnotsorry After the lesson, we wandered up to the clubhouse and had lunch outside with my dad and stepmom. After that (and after some drama), I went to my grandparents with my momma and then visited our family friend/adopted grandma at the assisted living place where she lives. It was a pretty nice day.
See? Not that exciting, but still pleasant. And who doesn't love a day filled with old cars and hot rods!? Oh, that's just me? Damn.
This week should be a good one as well, with a new tattoo, girl's night and whatever else decides to transpire.
And I think that's all I've got in me for this blog post. Stay tuned for a Wednesday post with pictures of my new ink!
Love and Rum Runners
- A



What a fun weekend! :) Excited to see this new ink. :)
ReplyDelete