All That Glitters
Monday, March 31, 2014
Saying Yes to Life...and the Tigers
Oh. Hi there. If you don't know me, allow me to reintroduce myself (Hov reference, anyone?).
I'm the stranger that has been neglecting this little blog like it's her job. My bad, friends. Apparently I just wanted to take some time off or something?
It's Opening Day here in Detroit, which is a huge deal. Go Tigers! The fact that I'm not day drinking downtown with the best of 'em is slightly depressing. I'm trying not to think about it too much. Also, it's sunny and warm out finally, which adds to my longing to enjoy this weather.
I really have absolutely no theme or topic in mind for today's post. I guess you're going to get a recap of things happening in my life lately and stuff I'm looking forward to? Very exciting stuff, I know.
But really, things around these parts have been pretty darn fantastic. I'm happier than I've been in a long time. I could attribute that to my newfangled freedom or maybe the looming promise of spring. Obviously, both of those things apply. But I feel like it's more than that. I feel alive, in a whole new sense of the word. I'm living my life for me, I'm spending tons of time with friends, I'm going to events, I'm saying "yes" to as much as I can.
And I love every single second.
I mean, my planner the last two weeks has been jam-packed with scribbles, detailing plans and events almost every day. Look back a few weeks, or even months, and that's a lot less frequent.
How could you not be happy in my situation? I'm hanging out with people that are just awesome individuals and whom I love to spend time with. I'm spending more time with my family. I'm going to fun events that maybe I wouldn't have agreed to, or had time for, in the past. I'm even planning fun activities for the future, which makes me anxious for what's to come with more anticipation than my body knows what to do with.
Overall, destination happy as been reached.
So what does this week hold? Well today, my day started off with a visit from my old boss and a half dozen donuts. He is the best, and I mean that even if he didn't spoil me with my favorite treat. Then, my day will include watching the Tigers, running outside and playing volleyball.
Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'll be going out to dinner to two of my favorite restaurants, which I'm pretty stoked about. Thursday is all about AMURICA because I'll be seeing Captain America 2 before anyone else. And Friday will involve some new ink for this bod of mine. Then, on Sunday, I'm running in a 5k involving chocolate with my bests.
It really doesn't get any better than that.
Although life has been constantly changing for me, I'm rolling with the punches, the pluses and the questions with a positive mindset. It's all a journey after all.
Have a wonderful week, my little baseballs.
Enjoy a hotdog and a cold one for me!
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment