All That Glitters

Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Spring!


You guys. It's spring. The day is finally here, it's arrived. Oh, and did I mention that it's freezing outside and practically snowing here in Mee-chigan? No? 

Fucking Mother Nature. 

But hey, according to the calendar, it is officially the spring season so warmer weather is coming (at some point) and everything that spring has to offer is just around the corner (or five). 

And after (the too short) spring comes summer, which just makes me so happy inside I could burst. 


So what am I most excited for when the warm weather actually decides to show up? What's on my bucket list for the upcoming sunshiny months? 

Let me tell ya. 

+ Local farmer's markets. Because fresh produce, gorgeous flowers and unique/healthy foods are the bomb-dot-com always. 

+ Easter. A holiday that involves breakfast foods, candy and a plethora of eggs? Love. 

+ BBQ's. Who doesn't enjoy all the staple BBQ foods? Hot dogs, burgers, s'mores, corn-on-the-cob, chips, fruit, and of course, beer! Put it all together with good friends and you've got the perfect summer meal. 


+ Outdoor activities, including beach volleyball, softball, hiking, swimming, kayaking, star-gazing, walks, runs, playing with sidewalk chalk, etc. Just let me outside to play!

+
Drinking outside. Self explanatory.


+ Baseball games. A night out at the ballpark is pretty damn magical. I love going to Tiger's games! 

+ Tan skin. Being tan, not to mention the actual act of laying outside and soaking in the rays, is the best feeling. Plus, tan fat always, always looks better!



+ Fourth of July. One of my all-time favorite holidays (but really, I love them all). I always spend it up north with family, fun, a 5k, fireworks and food!

+ Garage sales. One person's junk is another's one perfect match, I swear.

+ Up North trips. I live and breathe for Northern Michigan; it's my most favorite place in the world. Going up there is a (literal) breathe of fresh air, sparking relaxation and peace. 


+ Sundresses, sandals and shorts - oh my! Warm weather clothes are the bee's knees. I can't wait to feel the warm air on my shorts-clad legs or the heated caress of summer on my bare shoulders. I just want to wear a damn tank top! Or maybe pretend I'm a hipster in high-waisted jeans and a crop top.



+ Outdoor concerts and musical festivals. Warm summer nights with best friends and a beer in hand, singing along to some tunes. Just plain wonderful. I'm going to my first music festival this May and I literally cannot wait. 

+ Summer nights. Nothing compares. 

+ Sleeping with the window open. Feeling the cool breeze infiltrate your bedroom is an amazing perk of the warmer seasons. Not to mention, nothing beats falling asleep to a summer thunderstorm.

+ Road trips with my friends. Blasting music with the windows down, warm air hitting you in the face and too many laughs to count - that's what summer is all about. 

Although I could keep going and potentially think of about 300 more things, I'm going to stop because this is making me a little sad. 

Come on warm weather! 
Come on sun! Make me a happy, tan girl. 

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment