All That Glitters
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
My Two New Tattoos (Or 1-and-a-Half)
Is anyone else having problems accepting the fact that it's already April?
March flew by quicker than I can say March, and April seems to be heading in the same direction. Pretty soon, Easter will be just a memory of deviled eggs, jelly beans and quiche and we'll be heading into my birthday month.
These are supposed to be the Golden Years, so slow your roll there, Mr. Time.
Anyway, today's post will be dedicated to some brand new art gracing my skin.
Over the weekend, I added to my ink collection, getting my fourth and fifth tattoos. Yes, I'm slightly nuts and yes, I can't stop. Luckily, I think these will hold me over for quite some time until I manage to come up with the next idea for my sixth tattoo.
The moon is incredibly important and symbolic for me. As much as she would rather I not say this, it's in honor of my mom and our relationship. Growing up, and even to this day, she would tell me to go look at the moon if it was a particularly pretty sight. If it was full or just a sliver, or huge or orange, she would tell me to go outside and look. The appreciation of the little things that she has passed on to me is something I cherish deeply. Taking the time to enjoy the beauty around us even for a few minutes is something I hope to never forget.
The second reason I got the moon is because she often says, "I love you more than the moon, the stars and the whole universe." And I never want to forget that. She's my best friend, my idol and the best mom a girl could ever ask for.
Okay, enough of that mush.
The lip tattoo was pure fun and badassary! #sorrymom I've always thought they were cool, and when I brought it up to my artist, he told me, "You would be the most badass girl I know." So, hello, I had to. When deciding a design, my love of all things comic book popped into my brain and that was that.
Before you think I'm a total nut job, the lip tattoo is temporary. In fact, mine is already gone, much to my dismay. Some last a few days, some last a few months and the lucky ones last for years. Mine lasted for all of 48 hours. But hey - totally worth it for the confidence boost it gave me for that short amount of time!
Plus, it didn't hurt even a little bit. I didn't even know he was doing anything! It's just awkward holding your lip down and you get some black ink in your mouth immediately after, but that's the worst of it. Totally painless.
My weekend was very tattoo filled. Other than that, it involved friends and a 5K. Pretty legit, if you ask me.
Have a great Tuesday, fluffernutters!
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment