All That Glitters

Monday, December 2, 2013

A Tattoo Memorial


Not only is it a Monday, but it's the Monday after a nice, long 5-day holiday weekend, which makes today that much worse. 

My Thanksgiving was INSANE, yet pretty fantastic. I don't really know how one could have a bad T-day unless, maybe, you're family is crazy dramatic or dinner got ruined, but hey, it could happen I guess. So why was mine so insane?Well, I had THREE meals in THREE hours. 

Tell me you're stuffed after your one meal and I will laugh in your face. 

We had "lunch" at my dad's house and were supposed to eat around 1. That quickly turned into 2, which was when we were supposed to leave for our next meal. We quickly stuffed our faces and said goodbye before my family could finish their sweet potatoes. Then, a 20 minute drive to my Uncle's house for my mom's "lunch." We ate at 3:30, after watching the Lions dominate the traditional Thanksgiving game. My mom's food is my favorite food, so I didn't restrain myself too much. Not to mention I had made the pies (apple and pumpkin) and had to test BOTH to see how well they turned out. Unfortunately, one of them didn't; the pumpkin sucked, but the apple was delish! Then at 4:30, we booked it to my boyfriend's parent's house for our last meal of the day. We walked in the door to find everyone sitting down and starting to eat, so I grabbed a plate and had a small helping of my boyf's mom's stuffing, which I love. I couldn't even eat dessert if that's any indication of how full I was. 

My Thanksgiving's bring "stuffing" to a whole nother level. 

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping, but I did get my haircut. They cut it a lot shorter than I planned, hence my pouting, but it's growing on me (no pun intended). 



Saturday, went shopping and had lunch with my boyfriend's mom, grandma and sister-in-law. It's a nice little tradition, and luckily, the mall wasn't too crazy so I didn't have to deal with stupid people!

Later that day, I got my third tattoo. Can't stop, won't stop! The passing of my little Marlee has been really hard for me, so I decided to get something to honor her. She was only with us for a short time, which made it that much harder to lose her. She was our "forever" pet and we didn't even get a year with her. It breaks my heart and makes my gut flip to even think about it.

This is my dedication to my little girl, whom will always be in my heart. 





P.S. That was the worst, most painful spot ever. I won't be getting another one on my feet/ankles in this lifetime, that's for sure. 

And after such a wonderful five days, it's back to work and back to my routine. Now I'm counting down the days until Christmas and enjoying every second of my favorite holiday season. 

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment