All That Glitters

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Let's Be Honest Here


Well, dear friends, I've been nothing short of a stranger to this ol' blog of mine and for that, I apologize. Just like Miley, I warned you ahead of time that I can't be tamed would go missing for a bit, due to my busy schedule. And that's just what I did. 

I ran that 5k (which was a blast), went to that wedding (which was also a HUGE blast) and made my way to Louisville for a business trip (which was pretty fun). This past weekend, I went up north to unwind and relax a bit.

Now, I'm back living my routine and I couldn't be happier about it.


To be honest here, I don't have any ideas for a post so I decided that I should do something a little off-kilter. I'm going to do an honesty post; a post filled with facts about me that a lot of people don't know or wouldn't guess. How does that sound?

Just as a little note: no judging, no sympathy, no hate. Got it? Good.
This is a judgement-free zone.

Honesty is the best policy:

1. I feel as if I will never be good enough for myself. I'm so critical of me in a variety of ways and I think I'll never truly be able to accept and love myself, which is something I desperately want to be able to do.

2. I have a slight obsession with the song Wrecking Ball. I just can't help it.

3.  I over-analyze everything and I always think the worst.

4. I love my job more than people know. I am truly happy here, doing what I'm doing, and I don't ever want to stop.

5. I am an only child and have always wanted an older brother. My half-brother died when I was little and it's left a gaping hole in my heart ever since.  

6. I have more regrets than I would ever like to admit. I wish I were one of those people who could live with no regrets and say that every experience was somehow a lesson, but I truly regret a number of things I've done in the past. If I could go back in time and change them, I would in a heartbeat. They haven't made me the person I am today or made me better in any way, shape or form. They've just made me hate myself more.

7. My first real kiss was horrible: He had to stand on stairs to be as tall as me and I cut his lip open with my braces. 

8. I still sleep with a stuffed animal every night - a stuffed bulldog. Got my boyf to my left and my stuffed dog under my arm. Totally normal, right? 

9. I despise politics. Don't tell me that I should know what's going on, that I should be educated in them or that my vote counts. I. Don't. Care. 

10. I'm really good at keeping secrets - my own and others. 

11. I really hate when people don't think. I'm an insanely logical person, who thinks about, and through, everything and plans ahead to a T. I know each person is different, but I can't wrap my head around people not thinking through things. I also hate when people are late.

12. I've seen every episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air about 20 times, and I know them all by heart. 

13. I'm petrified of the dark. Are you afraid of the dark takes on a whole new level with me. 

14. One of my worst character flaws is how emotional I am. I get riled up extremely easily, I let small things get to me that influence my whole mood and I can be difficult. Basically, I got some fight in me. I wish I were a laid back, overly nice person whom everyone can't help but love. 

15. I used to tell people that I knew how to drive a stick shift because I wanted them to think I was cool and unique because I think it's such a neat skill to have (plus, guys thought it was hot). In reality, I have no effing clue how to drive one, even though growing up, both my parents had manual cars. 

I think that's about it. I'm sure there are 20 gazillion more truths I could spit out, but I'll keep those for another day when the blog ideas are lacking.




- A

1 comment: