Goodness gracious, great balls of fire. Where did the weekend ago? Where is October going? Everything is flying by, and I feel like I barely have any time to breathe. Slow your roll there, time.
Anyway, a quick update on my weekend: Friday, went out with my soul sister and best friend, where we proceeded to drink, dance, get drinks bought for us, have heart-to-hearts and eat T-Bell; Saturday, Homecoming at my dear ol' college meaning an alumni volleyball game, eating at all my favorite haunts and a football game that made me feel way old; Sunday, relaxing, cooking and a family birthday.
Pretty decent weekend, I'd say.
This week consists of me traveling to northern Wisconsin for a press event. I'm pretty excited for this one because I've heard it's lots of fun.
But, let's get to the subject of today's post, shall we?
My homegirl Erin gave me this idea because she's a genius (and obsessed with Chipotle, making her awesome in my book). Her post today got me thinking to what type of girl I am.
1. I will never be the girl who works out in head-to-toe lululemon or another over-priced line of clothes; I'll forever be the girl who sweats my ass off in old t-shirts, running shorts or yoga pants.
2. I will never be the girl that makes my boyfriend/hubby turn off a football game; I will forever be the girl forcing HIM to watch a game and the girl spending my entire day watching games. Honey, bring me a beer please.
3. I will never be the girl that buys a mini-van or makes my beau buy one; I will forever be the girl who wants to drive cool cars and would rather die than drive a stupid van.
4. I will never be the girl that only eats at fancy restaurants; I will forever be the girl that loves Max and Ermas, Olgas and a good T-Bell quesadilla every now and then.
5. I will never be the girl that makes my beau turn off his video games; I will forever be the girl that plays them too and can find other ways to entertain herself while he has fun.
6. I will never be the girl with hundreds of expensive hair products or makeup; I will forever be the girl that likes the cheap shit that works just as well and gets the job done regardless of price.
7. I will never be the girl that wears high heels/dresses to a sporting event, who doesn't paying attention and or complains the whole time; I will forever be the girl that wears Chuck Taylors and a shirt with my team on it, knows what's going on and yells at the refs/umps with the best of them.
8. I will never be the girl that spends all her money on Starbucks, designer clothes, Vogue magazine and weekly manis; I will forever be the girl that brews my own tea, wears Target clearance rack or Nordstrom Rack finds and reads Sports Illustrated.
9. I will never be the girl that flocks to the movies to see the latest chick flicks; I will forever be the girl that fawns over action movies, zombie movies and raunchy comedies.
10. I will never be the girl that starves herself or goes on insane diets; I will forever be the girl that believes in moderation, and will scarf down a salad one day or a bacon cheeseburger with the best of them on another.
That's all folks.
- A


No comments:
Post a Comment