All That Glitters

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Walk Down Halloween Memory Lane


Happy Halloween, ya'll! 

While some people hate this holiday and would rather be doing anything else but trick-or-treating, I lean the opposite direction. I love this day that's filled with costumes, candy and parties. Like I mentioned in my other Halloween-themed post, I'm not a huge fan of all the scariness that comes along with it, but candy makes up for the scares 100-percent of the time. 

In recognition of today, I decided that it would be fun to do a walk down memory lane of costumes of Alexis' past. 

Who doesn't like looking back on some fun times that involved getting dressed down up with your best friends and celebrating until your heart's delight? Or you know, getting dressed up as a kid and begging strangers for candy? Either way - I consider Halloween a win. 

Let's start off with cute, adorable, baby Alexis as Princess Odette from The Swan Princess:


Thanks Mom for making my amazing costume. She made all my costumes growing up, and she was the very best at it. No joke. As a child, I was also a mermaid, a poodle-skirt girl, Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge from Star Trek (cause I was an awesome child) and a dalmatian. 

Moving on to Freshman year of college - I was Rambo:



And by Rambo, I mean a sluttier less-covered version because, hey, it was my freshman year of college and that's what girls do. You're only young once, right? But, let's be serious, yikes homegirl. Put some clothes on. I'm still amazed that I thought this was acceptable attire. Oh, college.

Next, onto Sophomore and Junior year - I was Aphrodite and then an FBI agent: 


More respectable than Freshman year, eh? I kinda sorta loved the Aphrodite costume. It was just so easy! And come on, wearing gold stuff is just fun. And the s
kin tight spandex suit? Why not! Pretty sure every girl in the history of ever has dressed up as a cop of some kind. I just wanted to join the club. 

And now, THE BEST COSTUME EVER: Senior year of college - KISS/Gene Simmons!


My roommates and I came up with the idea one day, and ended up making all of our costumes using a lot of silver duct tape.  I'd say they are pretty damn phenomenal. And by that I mean nothing will ever, ever, ever beat them. It was just so much fun, and they turned out amazing. 

After graduation, I dressed up as R2D2 from Star Wars: 


This is probably my second favorite costume I've ever done. I put a lot of work into making it and it turned out well, I think! Plus, it embraces my geek side. Three cheers for Star Wars!

Last year, I was the Flash: 


I love this costume, too. My best friend was Aquaman, so we went as the Justice League! And we both used duct tape again; it's a lifesaver, I swear. 

This year, my best friends and I went as Hipster Disney Princesses: 


Rapunzel, Ariel, Jasmine, Belle and Cinderella. It was fun to do a group costume, and who doesn't love to be a Disney princess? As for tonight's party, I'm hoping to dress up as Olive Penderghast from Easy A. Just need to find a black corset! 


So there you have it, folks. A timeline of Halloween costumes done by yours truly. Enjoy your Halloween night! And get lots of candy! 

- A

1 comment:

  1. What fun costumes! I, too, was a poodle-skirt girl growing up. I especially love the R2D2 costume, even though I have to admit, I've never seen Star Wars!

    ReplyDelete