All That Glitters

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"I Don't Know How to Act, Slow Motion for Me"


What's better than a weekend recap on a Tuesday? I was too busy being awesome and productive yesterday to even entertain the thought of writing a blog post. Luckily for you, I've been just as productive today, crossing items off my To Do list left and right, which leaves me a little time for myself. 



Friday: I was recovering from being sick and I came to the conclusion that a little sun might cure me, so I laid outside for the afternoon and read comic books. Cause I'm cool like that. Then - off to my friend Ian's celebration! We went out to Rock on Third, a bar in Royal Oak, with a huge group of my friends to celebrate Ian getting his degree. We celebrated handily (in antlers even!) and had a grand ole time. Then we all headed over to our friend's house for more celebrating. What took place was: fires, guns (not real ones), dancing, helmets, sombreros, music, pong, talks and more. It was one of the most fun nights I've had in a while. Got home at 3 a.m., which, if you haven't done so in a while, makes you feel old as shit. 
Stay classy, girl.
[Side note: Seriously people? What did I say about warming up pizza in the break room? Go to hell.] 

Saturday: The boyf and I relaxed for the morning, then headed to the mall since it was a rainy day. Walked around, did some shopping, ate some delicious Auntie Anne's pretzels cause, let's be serious - yum, and then went to Max and Erma's for lunch. Got home, relaxed some more, then got ready for Julie's bachelorette party! I was super excited to celebrate this girl and her upcoming nuptial's, though I'll admit, I was a little hesitant about the guest list. More on that later. I grabbed my BFF and we headed on our way! 



We arrived at Julie's apartment and immediately got distracted by this little grey thing running around, which was her adorable new kitten, Leelo. Um, goodbye attention span. We played with the furball, drank margaritas, ate food and talked. People showed up, we ate dinner, we opened gifts and broke open a pinata filled with mini bottles of alcohol and other goodies. Then it was off to the party bus and our fun-filled night! 

We went to a bar called Coyote Joe's, which is a country bar. Miss Bachelorette rode the mechanical bull, danced and drank. Then we went to the next bar, which we were in for approximately two seconds before turning around and getting back on the bus. 


Then we headed to a bar called The Locker Room. The special thing about this place is they give you drumsticks and let you bang on anything and everything. Seriously. And you can dance on the bar, tables and chairs with no one trying to stop you! There are no rules! We danced a whole lot and just had a ton of fun celebrating Miss Julie. Although some people were sitting at the bar all night and not dancing, my BFF and I busted our asses dancing the entire time, which left us happy and exhausted. 

The night ended around 3 a.m. again, and if you don't feel old the first time the 3 a.m. bedtime rolls around, do it two nights in a row. Then you'll feel 90 years old. 

Sunday: Football, football and more football. With some friends and family mixed in. My poor Steelers got demolished slaughtered massacred. But the Lions won - hooray. 



Overall, it was a pretty great weekend. 

But, back to the point I made earlier about the guest list - the "Mean Girls" that I reference in some of my earlier posts were there. Otherwise known as, the girls that hate me and have made my life pretty miserable in the past. We're able to be civil towards each other in public, which is a good thing, but I still feel animosity radiating from their little clique. I still feel them talking behind my back, laughing at things I say or snickering at my actions. 

The point is I don't know how to act around them. They probably think I'm being a bitch because I kinda ignore them, don't talk much or avoid being close to them, but I promise I'm not. That's not it at all. It comes down to me not knowing whether to be super nice and friendly, or act like they're not there. 

I know they don't like me and don't want anything to do with me, so how do I act towards these girls when I just want to be friends? 



As happy as I was to be there and be celebrating, I still felt a little lonely and left out. And not only that, I felt like I had to be careful of anything I did or say for fear of being judged. Do you know how much that sucks when you just want to be liked? Truthfully, the girl whom which I've had the most problems with in the past is the one that I'd actually like to be friends with the most. She's a cool chick and, if things were different, we would get along well. 

This post has turned into a novel, and I think it's about time for me to let it end. 

Peace out, girl scouts. 


- A

2 comments:

  1. That Big Ben gif PERFECTLY describes me on Sunday. Rough game, and it's looking to be a rough season for us :( In other news, I randomly had a sour cream and onion Auntie Anne's pretzel at an airport a couple weeks ago, and it was so good. And I kind of want one every day now, but unfortunately that's just not how life works. Glad you had a good weekend! I'm so happy to have found a fellow Steelers fan/blogger friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pretzel sounds delicious. I wish I could eat those yummy morsels every single day without ever gaining a pound. If only life worked like that, right?

      I'm SO happy to have found a fellow Steelers fan/blogger-friend, too! You're the best :)

      Delete