Well, my last post was a fail: Not only did my Steelers lose, but they lost badly. So I'm just going to move on and act like that game didn't really happen, and my last post isn't as sad as it really is. Because, even though they're my forever team and my greatest love, they're letting me down a little bit. And it makes me a very sad panda.
Anywho, I've decided that today I want to talk about another great love of mine that won't let me down ever - Fall - my most favorite of seasons. Sure, summer is great with its cute clothes, tan skin and all that other good summery stuff, but it just doesn't hold a pumpkin-smelling candle to fall.
- Pumpkin everything. I'm not into "pumpkin spice lattes" like every other girl out there, but give me some pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies or pumpkin whatever and I'll be a happy little leaf.
- Boots. Seriously, tall, knee-high boots are the best creation since pumpkin cookies. They're cozy, stylish and, best of all, ridiculously easy.
- Oversized sweaters. Oversized sweaters, or sweaters in general, are the bomb-diggity. Totally comfy, cuddly and office appropriate. Going to work in something that's cute, yet feels like PJs? Every day, please.
- Sweatshirts. Ding ding ding! We've got a winner here, folks. I could live in sweatshirts forever and ever. A season that gives me an excuse to wear them all the freaking time? It really doesn't get any better.
- Halloween. Who doesn't love a holiday dedicated to candy, dressing up and parties? Key importance on the candy part of that sentence.
- Scarves. Hey, every girl's favorite accessory. Welcome back. You're warm, fashionable and a perfect compliment to that sweater I want to wear. Just jump around my neck and let's hit the town.
- Cider mills. Best. Place. Ever. Warm, delicious donuts with hot apple cider on a fall day is what dreams are made of. I went twice last week, if that's any indication of how much I love these wonderful mills.
- Football! My favorite sport and the reason I pardon Sundays in the fall for leading to Mondays. I am totally, one-hundred-percent obsessed with football. I'm the one sitting on the couch with snacks, asking my significant other to bring me another beer and to not interrupt the game.
- TV returns. All my favorite shows come back after the crazy cliff-hangers of last season. Will Beckett say 'yes' to Castle? Will Emily and Jack finally be together? Who will die next and please let it be Andrea?! I watch too much TV and I don't care. (Revenge, Castle, the Walking Dead, Orange is the New Black - so much love)
- Pretty colors. The leaves turning colors lead to some absolutely breathtaking landscapes. It's the little things.
- The weather. I love sleeping with the windows open when it's cold out. It makes cuddling up in my blankets that much better. That chill in the air just warms my bones.
There are a million other things I could list (like being closer to Christmas, honeycrisp apples, pumpkin patches/carving, etc.) but I think that's probably good for now.
What are your favorite things about fall?
- A



No comments:
Post a Comment