All That Glitters

Friday, September 13, 2013

Black and Yellow


Dear Best Team Ever (otherwise known as the Pittsburgh Steelers), 

We have a really big game on Monday night. Like huge. Gigantic. Colossal. 



We're playing one of our biggest rivals: the Bengals. The Bengals, who are always tough competition, are a good team and now have James Harrison. Who, by the way, looks really terrible in anything other than black and yellow.

What James should be wearing
I know last week was a tough game. And by tough game, I mean an embarrassing loss that resulted in a few key injuries and set us up for some harsh criticisms. I can say with confidence that not one person, not one, was expecting that. It was just plain ugly.


I'll be honest here - I was frustrated. I was distraught. I was embarrassed and angry and sad and heartbroken. 

But I haven't given up hope. 

We're not the team we used to be. We lost a lot of players. We have some injuries. We're young in places that we haven't been young for a while. We're older in places, too. We have coaches that shouldn't be here (ahem, Todd), yet an amazing head coach.

No, we're not the team we were a few years ago, but we have the potential to be a great team. 

So let's do more of this: 


And some of this: 

And lots of this: 

So we can look like this: 



And I can look like this:


How about it, guys? Can we manage that? 

Let's score some TD's (even some field goals), hit 'em hard, grab some interceptions and fumbles, and WIN. I know we can do it. Just put your mind to it and play your hardest. Or at least, you know, look like you know how to play football. 

LET'S GO STEELERS, 

- A



P.S. 

Linking up with my girl, Erin, even though I know she'll hate this post! 


7 comments:

  1. I hope you know how hard it it finding words to even comment.... Um. I appreciate your love of football?! But that's about as far as I can go ;) See you MONDAY, lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha - I'm so glad you can find SOMETHING positive to say about me ;)

      See you tonight, girl!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this post, obviously! And I'm excited for the game on Monday - even when we play absolutely horribly (ahem, last week), I can't help but be a little optimistic for the next game. Here's hoping that we actually play like an NFL team this week instead of a group of neighborhood kids playing football in the street :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would love it! Let's hope that we can pull ourselves together tonight and get the win! Here we go Steelers! <3

      Delete
  3. Great post! A true fan . . . I love it!

    craftingafairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a fan can be so emotionally draining, can't it?! Hope your poor heart is in recovery mode after this week's game! :/

    ReplyDelete