All That Glitters
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
I Don't Get It
Coming back to work after an awesome three-day Memorial Day weekend is the worst.
It's up there with kicking puppies, the Lannisters and terrible drivers.
Here are a few activities that I was lucky enough to experience this Memorial Day weekend: Thursday night showing of X-Men: DoFP, party at a friend's house Friday night, Tiger's game with the best weather on Saturday, seeing a friend's band play, some family time on Sunday, BBQ and bonfire with some of my best friends, a long run (and getting lost in a park resulting in a much longer run than planned), another BBQ with more friends and starting Game of Thrones.
I was active, enjoyed the gorgeous weather, saw lots of friends and ate a lot of food. Does it get any better?
I think not, friends.
Well, let's get to the class lesson today, shall we? This thought consistently popped into my head this past weekend, and I decided it would make a wonderful blog post.
So without further ado: Things I'll Just Never Understand
+ Crossfit.
+ Girls that wear high heels to sporting events.
+ The obsession with shitty reality TV shows.
+ People that don't eat dessert.
+ Baby fever.
+ Why chips and salsa aren't complimentary at all Mexican restaurants.
+ Almost-naked selfies on social media sites.
+ Why I waited so long to start Game of Thrones.
+ Dreadlocks.
+ Why oatmeal decides to inflate and spill out of the bowl while being microwaved.
+ Showering multiple times a day. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
+ Why no one has invented a way to eat all the food with no repercussions.
+ Why no one has invented lightsabers yet.
+ The appeal of chick flicks.
+ Math.
There you have it, folks. Just a few of the many things I just don't understand. But seriously, I really, really don't get the chips and salsa thing.
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



things i COMPLETELY agree with you on that they make NO sense WHATSOEVER: girls that wear high heels to sporting events. especially football. especially those girls who wear dresses modeled after football jerseys with high heels. it's a FOOTBALL game, not a magazine shoot; the obsession with shitty reality tv shows (the most ridiculous to me are the bachelor and the bachelorette); chips and salsa not being complimentary (there are restaurants that don't give these away? REALLY? i haven't been paying attention); the almost naked selfies... though i'm gonna go farther and say the abundance of selfies in general and pictures of plates of food... can i add that, too?
ReplyDeleteI am so happy I'm not the only one out there who doesn't understand these things! And those two you added are so true. I don't need to see your face every single day. Nor do I need to see what you eat for each meal. If it's something unusual or totally, amazingly delicious - sure - but the same oatmeal every day? No thanks.
DeleteOmg thank you for posting these things. Baby fever? Ummm I feel lightheaded and feverish at the thought of having a baby. A tiny human that screams and cries no matter what you do and throws up on you every now and again. Oh yes...I can't WAIT to get in on that. Also, I feel like people Crossfit just because it's trendy to say "I'm a Crossfitter." And heels at sporting events? Knock a bitch down.
ReplyDelete