All That Glitters

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Birthday Disappearing Act


Apparently, without telling anyone, I decided to take a little hiatus. 

In fact, the last time I wrote a blog post was exactly 12 days ago. Whoops. 

But so much has happened in that time period, my disappearing act seems completely justifiable. At least to me. 

For starters, it was my Dad's birthday, then I had a bridal shower, and, don't forget, I also just moved into a new apartment. If you haven't moved recently, let me remind you of how much work is involved. Packing, moving, relocating, unpacking, hanging, etc. I still have boxes littered around my apartment, waiting patiently for me to find homes for their contents. And don't even get me started on all the pictures that need hanging. 


But it's a work in progress, and one that I'm happy to have. I've also been struggling with the overwhelming feeling that it doesn't feel like home yet. However, I just keep telling myself that its because of the boxes and how new it still feels, and that in time, the feeling will pass. 

Hopefully. 

On May 12th, I started my new job. And it's great! Did I mention that I work from home now? Every day? It really doesn't get any better than that. I'll definitely admit to it being an adjustment, but I'm happy and that's what matters. 

Three days after starting my new job, I traveled 16 hours overnight to Gulf Shores, Alabama for The Hangout Music Festival. Four days of insane fun, amazing concerts, sandy beaches and good friends. It was the trip of a lifetime and I can't even begin to put into words just how amazing it was. 

I saw bands like The Black Keys, Outkast, The Bloody Beetroots, Childish Gambino, Zedd, Pretty Lights, Girl Talk, Fitz and the Tantrums, Danny Brown, Andrew W.K., Bastille, etc. 

And it was glorious. 


Keep an eye out for a post dedicated strictly to Hangout. I'd love to write one right now, but the wound of not being there anymore is too fresh. I'm afraid if I were to talk any more about it, I'd quit my job and become a roadie for every single music festival happening in the world. And we can't have that, now can we? 

Upon returning from Heaven, it just so happened to be my 25th birthday. So, Happy Quarter of a Century to me! 

All I did was workout, run errands, see Spider-Man 2 by myself and have a wonderful dinner with my mom. Oh, and receive the prettiest bouquet from a not-so-secret admirer. Grateful and lucky, table of one! The day didn't really consists of anything epic or exciting though, but I think the previous five days took care of that. 

So, yeah. That's why I've been basically non-existent lately. I thought you all deserved a little bit of an explanation. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me, and maybe, just maybe, keep reading this little ol' blog of mine. 

I mean, it was my birthday yesterday and everything...



- A

1 comment:

  1. SO jealous of that concert you went to and girrllll NO one blames you for that hiatus. Moving into a new place definitely consumes ALL of your time. I still haven't even unpacked my ONE carry-on from my honeymoon...that was now about two weeks ago...procrastination at its finest.

    ReplyDelete