All That Glitters
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Why Not?
Hello there, fine readers, and happy Tuesday.
I think I deserve a gold star for showing up to class today. Homegirl's been pretty busy at work this week with little to no time to dedicate to this beautiful blog. So the fact that I'm actually here and writing should be rewarded. You go, Glen Coco!
But, alas, I'm sitting here with no real direction. My fingers are gracefully poised over the keys, eager to start reciting words, yet nothing is coming to this ol' noggin of mine. Usually a bank chock full of sentences and wit, it seems to instead be lazily gleaming over thoughts of mundane to-do list activities and recent and future happenings.
Much to my dismay, that doesn't equate to a blog post.
I will say that I do have a subject matter in mind and I will try to push my brain into formulating complete thoughts and articulate sentences.
As we all know by now, my life has dramatically changed as of late. Yes, I've started watching Game of Thrones and my obsession with it is ruling everything around me (Thrones Rules Everything Around Me). But that's not the change I'm speaking of. Take a gander at my last few posts and you'll know more. Go ahead, I'll wait.
With changes comes a new mentality. At least in my life it does. I'm a 25-year-old, single girl with a new job who's living on her own in a new city. Does it get any more "fresh start" like? I don't think so.
That sense of independence, with the strong smell of "new", has resulted in the period of my life that I like to call the "Why Not?" stage.
Oh, it's a Monday night, it's Mug Night at your favorite brewery and you're having a blast with your friends? Why not have another mug?
Oh, you're turning 25? Why not go to a music festival in Alabama with your best friends?
Oh, some guy randomly hit on you and he was pretty cute? Why not give him your number?
Oh, someone texted you about going out to dinner? Why not?!
Now is the time where I should be saying yes to almost everything. I should be going on adventures, having new experiences, meeting new people, being young and crazy, and enjoying the hell out of my life. I have no kids, I don't have a mortgage, I'm healthy and I have money. So, riddle me this Batman, WHY NOT?
Sure, I have responsibilities and a full time job so I can't get too crazy up in here, like I can't pick up and go backpacking across the globe for months on end, but within reason I should be saying why not, let's do it as much as possible. I mean, a friend even invited me to a wedding in December... in India.
And I'm going to say yes.
Because why the hell not?
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment