All That Glitters

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Come Cosplay!


Look who decided to show up and claim her prize today! It's been over a week since my last blog post and I'm currently hanging my head in shame. To my defense, I've managed to find myself in a whirlwind of busy and change, so blogging took a bit of a backseat to all the new happenings in my life. More deets to come, I promise. 

Today, I'm going to geek out hardcore. If you're not a fan of comics, superheroes and the like, feel free to make a graceful exit. I won't be offended. 

Today marks the second year in a row that I've missed C2E2, otherwise known as the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo. The fact that I'm not attending again breaks my heart into a million little pieces. Don't even get me started on the fact that Stan Lee is going to be there signing autographs. Just thinking about how I won't get to see that awesome old man up close and personal brings me to Hulk-sized tears.
But I digress. 

In honor of C2E2, and the fact that all I want to do is be there and I can't stop thinking about it, I'm going to make a list of 10 of my ideas as well as some of my favorite cosplays. If you don't know what that is, Google it. It's quite amazing what some people create!

Without further ado, let's start: 

#1. Ms. Marvel - I've already started on this costume and can't wait for the opportunity to wear it. She's one of my absolute favorite heroes, and the next Con, I will be her! 
#2. Zatanna - My second idea for a cosplay. I'd have to either dye my hair or find a wig, but it would be SO worth it! I am in girl-love with her and am dying to piece together this cosplay!


#3. Black Canary - It's a pretty easy costume, but she's kickass and I'd love to cosplay as her. 


#4. Ruby Rod - This is legit one of my all-time favorite cosplays ever. Well done, sir.

#5. Felicia Hardy - She's sassy, sexy and just plain awesome. Me-ow.

#6. Leelo Dallas - One of my favorite movies of all time, one of my favorite characters, wicked costumes. That is all.


#7. Galactus - People call me Galactus/Galexus for a reason. He's my main man and if anyone, including me, has the balls to do a wicked Galactus costume, they're a fantastic human being. 


#8. Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch - Emma Frost is one sexy lady, and Scarlet Witch has a great story and costume. I dig them both.

#9 Cami White or Gwen Stacy or Kitty Pryde or Gem from Tron - All viable options that I'd love to do!


#10 And this - Hello, awesomeness.

I think that's enough geek-dom for one day, don't you? Now, I'm just going to go drift off in la-la land and dream of costumes, comics and superheroes. And kick myself for not going to C2E2. 

Sigh.


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment