Two blog posts in one week. Consider yourself lucky, friends. It's just one of those days where I need to write so here I am, writing on a Friday.
In all honesty, I already wrote a post for today, but it's not the one you're reading right now. I left that little bugger in the drafts pile. Why, you ask? Because it was filled with some recent annoyances that have infiltrated my life and the complaints that surfaced because of them. And ya know what? I just don't need to focus on the negativity and the daily things that get under my skin. Sure, some things aren't going as well as I would like, but that doesn't mean I should focus my attention on them or bitch and moan about aggravating things around me.
So that post will just sit with all my angst sitting quietly with it.
Instead, I'm going to do a link up that I've never done before: the "Five on Friday" party.
1. I'm super excited for next week/weekend! Super fun friend things on Wednesday and Thursday, Valentines Day on Friday and the Cupid Undies Run with some friends on Saturday! Yes, i'll be running outside, in Michigan, in February, in the snow, in my underwear. It's fine to call me insane - I'll agree with you.
![]() |
| My tattoo Pinterest board |
3. I'm really, really, entirely, completely over winter. This winter has been the absolute worst for us Michiganders and it just needs to stop. Oh, 25 degrees below zero isn't normal? Could have fooled me. It's what we've had for the past month!
![]() |
| Source |
5. Last week, I finally finished Allegiant, the third book in the Divergent series. To say the end was a shocker would be a huge understatement. To be honest, I didn't like it at all and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It was just very disappointing. Anyway, I need someone to talk to about it since my best friend hasn't finished it yet, so let me know if you've read it! Let's bond over our Divergent feelings.
There you have it, folks. My Five on Friday! Much better than a post full of complaining, am I right? And I feel more upbeat, too! I almost let the negativity of frustration sink it's teeth in me, but I fought it off. Positivity all the way! I deserve a pat on the back, if I do say so myself.
Have a grand weekend!
- A



I can't wait to start divergent! I've hears SO many good things! also--totally with you on being sick of winter! ugh!
ReplyDeleteI know I would NEVER survive in Michigan! Hoping for Spring soon! Stopping by from the link-up. Happy Friday!
ReplyDeleteChrista
Forever Young
Oh my goodness that run sounds insane! Are you gonna wear leggings under your undies?
ReplyDeleteI was disappointed in the Allegiant ending. I wasn't necessarily shocked, but it was just blah for me even after they put it all together.
i live in idaho…and we normally get loads of snow. well…we finally got our first storm last night…eight inches. still going strong. ugh. showing some linkup love. new reader!
ReplyDeleteFound you on the link-up! I've been seriously wanting another tattoo as well! Something smallish but I can't decide but it is always on my mind!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend!
xx