All That Glitters

Friday, March 8, 2013

#backthatazzupfriday


Oh, friends. We made it. We made it through this week, and it's finally Friday! Or, as Whitney likes to call it, #backthatazzupfriday! Because I love her and her blog so much, and let's be serious, who doesn't love a good old-school rap song on a Friday, I'm linking up with her to start off this post!

Who doesn't love some Will Smith?!

I am super excited for this weekend. Tomorrow, I'm spending the day with an old friend who I don't hang out with as much anymore. We'll probably see a movie, grab some lunch - just like old times. Then I'll be getting ready to go out with my best friends for my girl Dany's birthday! A night out on the town, getting rowdy with some of the best people I know is exactly what I need in my life right now. Sunday, my beau and I will be heading to downtown Detroit for Autorama, which is a hot rod show. Fun fact about me: I love old cars, especially hot rods. My uncle has a couple and won Best in Show at Autorama years ago, so I'm pretty excited to go. 

That fun fact kinda sparked an idea for me. I started this blog to write down some of my ever-present thoughts and emotions. Writing has always been therapeutic; but blogging has turned into a way to bond with other people across the country! And who wants to read a blog about someone they know nothing about? Let's get to know each other on a more personal level, shall we? 

Here are some fun facts about me:

1. I collect (and love) mooses. Why, I don't know. But I have ever since I was tiny and it hasn't changed as I've grown up. 


This is me at a friend's wedding. Why wouldn't I pose with the dead moose head on the wall?! I'm now 23 and have mooses all over my apartment. I'm cool, I swear. 

2. I was a college volleyball player. Middle blocker, to be exact. I was a starter on Varsity all four years. I was planning on not playing a sport in college since I'd played three all four years of high school, plus travel sports. But I had a dream (... seriously, I had a dream) and knew I needed to play in college too. So I did. 


Blocking was my specialty. As you can see, I was a beast and made girls cry. Okay, she's not crying, but she sure does look like it, right? 

3. I like superheros. Like a lot. I've seen all the movies, read some comic books, seen the shows, have the shirts and other memorabilia, etc. I just can't help it.

This is me dressed up as the Flash this Halloween. Not too bad, right? The only thing missing is the lightning-fast quickness and speed. Which I'm seriously lacking. But at least I've got the outfit! 


So there's the start of you getting to know me a little better. As time goes on, maybe we'll even become best friends! Or maybe I'll scare you off. Either way, it will be an adventure. 

Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

- A

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I love this one! Na na na na na na!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesssss. Na na na na nanana na! Love it.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Totally gettin' jiggy over here now!

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete