All That Glitters

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Just Hanging Out With Megatron


So, I haven't written here in over a month. That's crazy to me, not just because of my lack of motivation, but also because time has flown by so quickly. How in the world is October almost over? Where did this wonderful month go?

Personally, I find it to be incredibly unfair of the Universe. 

Anyways, I'm back and ready to write. Write about what is the question though. I guess we'll start with some life updates. I mean, I can't just disappear for a month and not tell you what I've been doing, am I right? 

I know in my last post, I told you that I had bought a house. Well, that changed. During the inspection, we found out about some underlying problems and unknowns that presented a particular set of problems. Because of that, we let the little house go. At first, I will admit, I was really disappointed. I had gotten my hopes up about what the house would look like and the design properties of it. I had a vision in my head, filled with neutral paint colors, a gorgeous kitchen and a staircase leading to a wonderfully big upstairs. Letting that go was hard

But the disappointment didn't last long. 

We (meaning my stepmom and I) immediately started our search again. The very next day, in fact. In one night, we found and walked through three houses that were all amazing. We loved each one, but one in particular stuck out to me. I couldn't shake the sense of comfort and love I felt when I walked inside; the visions and dreams again popped up in full force. 

Crazy thing is, this house had been there all along. It's on the very same street as the first one. 

And now it's mine. Crazy, right? 

I take possession at the end of November and I literally cannot wait. I know it's going to be a process, not to mention expensive, but I can't wait to have a place that's all mine. To call my own. Neutral wall colors, James Bond posters and all. 

Other than that, I don't really have any other news. My co-ed softball team won the championship last Sunday? So, I guess that's pretty cool if you're into that sorta thing. 

Oh, and I met Calvin Johnson this week! If you don't know who that is, A, I'm disappointed in you, and B, he's just one of the greatest football players today - no big deal - and plays for the Detroit Lions. 



Yup, there we are. We're pretty cute, am I right? He's super tall, even though you can't really tell in this picture due to my own height. He even made a comment about how tall I was. I tried to play it cool, but I was swooning. And shaking. 

Anyway, that's about it. Lame post, but I figured I should write something before I lose all my followers or you guys start expecting to see my face on a milk carton or something. 

Happy almost Halloween!


- A




No comments:

Post a Comment