All That Glitters

Monday, November 10, 2014

Magic Beginnings


Okay, you guys. I have a serious question. 

Did someone leave their finger resting on the fast forward button? Because it's the second week in November already and I'm not even sure when we left October. Did Halloween even happen? Pretty soon, it will be Thanksgiving and then December... 

Time needs to slow its ass down! 

Anyways, I come around these parts so rarely these days, I think it's only fair to give you a life update. So here you go: life is great. I'm a happy girl. And a lucky one at that. 



I recently posted this quote to my Instagram and I think it really speaks volumes as to why I'm so happy as of late. New beginnings hold a certain magic that can't be rivaled by anything else. Not only is there this incredible sense of excitement, but there's also this endless sense of promise and possibility. 

Trivial moments are reborn. Every breathe, every smile and every second holds in its grip the feeling of new. Something as simple as sitting on a couch could hold so much more with new beginnings. Here you were, living your life, thinking that this one moment of your life felt like this, when something happens to come along and makes it something entirely different -- and totally amazing. 

The need for experiences pulses through your veins. I want to do this and this, and try that and go there. It doesn't matter if it's a tried-and-true favorite or a brand new occasion; the longing to experience it in this new light, with this new magic, is addicting. Every moment holds the promise of exhilaration in its grasp, and offers the possibility of a new memory, a new feeling seared into the memory banks. 

The magic of beginnings knows no limits. 

And its infected me in ways I didn't know were possible. The enticing notion that my future holds so much promise, so much potential, in all these new ways knocks the wind out of me in the best way possible. I'm eager for every moment; I'm pining for every adventure; and I'm loving the happiness that has taken over my life. 

I'm truly and utterly head-over-heels for this new beginning. 



- A


No comments:

Post a Comment