All That Glitters
Friday, August 15, 2014
It's Friday and That Means Random Ramblings
Oh look, it's me again!
It's Friday and I couldn't be happier to have the weekend teasing its pretty face around these parts. Yes, I just got back from vacation and yes, I only had a two-day work week, but still! This weekend is going to be jam-packed with fun, so I'm allowed to look forward to it regardless.
Although I have a long list of post ideas to choose from, my brain is a little scattered today from all the anxiousness and excitement, so I think I'll wait on those in order to give them the proper attention they deserve.
Instead, how about we do a post of random things that have been gracing my life and my brain as of late?
+ That vacation I was talking about? A beautiful journey to Park City, Utah for a family friend's wedding. I went with my mom and we had the best time. I really don't think it could have been more perfect. We explored, we shopped, we rode a slide down a mountain, we experienced pure beauty, we ate delicious food, we danced, we laughed. The wedding itself was at the top of a ski mountain; we even rode the chairlift up! I'm just so happy we were able to experience this trip, this place together.
+ In the past few days, I have encountered some of the rudest, most inconsiderate people! It just stuns me that some people can be so oblivious to their actions and how they affect the innocent bystanders surrounding them. For example, my mom and I were sitting on the roof of a bar in downtown Park City enjoying a delicious lunch of buffalo burgers and beer. A young guy comes and stands right behind my mom as he takes a phone call. He was literally inches from her for a good 20 minutes! I was dumbfounded; he couldn't inconvenience his own table, but was more than willing to interrupt our lunch with his business call! I just wish more people had common sense.
+ The temperatures are falling in Michigan and it sure feels like Fall is upon us. I'm excited, yet also distraught. I still have so many cute summer outfits to wear! Just color me conflicted.
+ I got another tattoo: good ol' number 6! It's a tiny little bumblebee, and he's fuzzy and adorable and I love him. Run-on sentences, and tattoos, for the win.
+ Am I the only one who likes to keep old planners to look through years later? I love seeing old activities and memories, scribbled down in faded pen. It ushers in so much nostalgia.
+ People are silly.
+ I really, really despise political and religious tirades on social media. Well, actually, I just hate them in general, but I consider them even more annoying when they're clogging up my newsfeed. What's worse is some people are so ignorant, they believe what they read on the Internet without fact-checking it first. It infuriates me to see falsified, fake or taken-out-of-context stupidity blasted across the interwebs like it's the Golden Rule!
Oh boy. This post has gotten way too long and I haven't had lunch yet. That means my motivation is declining with every rumble my stomach manages to decree.
Happy Friday, doughnuts! Have a great weekend!
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awww you and your mom look gorgeous!! LOVE your dress! I'm so with you on the whole political tirade on social media thing. It's an immediate unfriending situation if they keep on clogging my feed. Can we just keep it lighthearted and post Buzzfeed lists and how JLaw is now with Chris Martin? K thanks haha. Happy Friday!! :)
ReplyDelete