Being an adult is, most of the time, pretty rad.
We can go to bed when we want, we can eat whatever we want, we can stay up late... And now I realize that I sound like an 18-year-old who just started college. But in all seriousness, as an adult, we have the freedom to day-drink on Saturdays, go to a concert on a Monday night and eat ice cream for dinner if we so choose.
But being an adult can also suck.
Besides the copious amounts of food and alcohol we can binge on and being on our own, we also have to deal with annoying adult stuff like bills and insurance.
Which brings me to the theme of today's post:
10 Things That Suck About Being an Adult.
+ Bills.
Bills are literally the worst part about being an adult. Most of us work hard for our doll-hairs and then, come pay day, we're feeling on top of the world! Until we realize we have to pay our credit card, electric, cable and Target card bills, and then we're broke. It's a vicious cycle.
+ 401k's and insurance.
But seriously, does anyone actually understand this nonsense?
+ Dating.
Those lucky bastards that found their life partners don't have to deal with this. Damn them. Dating when you're an adult is a little... interesting.
+ Not having your mom around 24/7 to remind you of things.
I mean, how am I supposed to know how often I should switch out my toothpaste? Or razor? Or mascara? You mean I actually have to remember and think about this stuff?
+ Doctor's appointments.
As an adult, we have to make our own doctor's appointments and actually remember to go to them. Life's hard, man.
+ Birthdays and other holidays.
What do you mean I don't get any Christmas presents anymore? And after the age of 21, it seems like people aren't that thrilled about celebrating their birthday, which really brings down humanity as a whole because cake. Cake, people. CAKE.
+ Summer break.
Remember those delightful days when you had three months off of school to do nothing but hang out with friends, chase the ice cream truck and get a tan? As an adult, or a non-teacher, you're stuck working on beautiful days and wishing you could be outside instead.
+ Everyone is getting married/having babies on purpose.
Solo party of one, please.
+ Bye metabolism.
I haven't started this stage of my life yet, but I've heard that once you hit a certain adult age, you can kiss your metabolism goodbye. I may or may not cry if this happens to me. I work out religiously, but I'm pretty sure my metabolism is responsible for allowing me to eat popcorn, mozz sticks and beer without weighing 500 pounds.
+ Not being able to hang with the cool kids.
Your bedtime becomes 9:30, you can't stay out later than 11 and you're drunk off of 2 light beers. Your tolerances go down in more ways than one and it pretty much is the worst.
So, yeah. Being an adult can be pretty fun, but it can also be a drag. If anyone wants to volunteer to pay my bills for me, I'd be your best friend. Just sayin'.
Have a good Wednesday!
- A




Omg am I with you on this one. Adulting can really bite the big one sometimes. With how much it sucks out of my paycheck these days I'm tempted to just take my chances. I say hi and bye to paycheck every single month with my student loans. Sigh. Can't I just fake my own death so they'll go away? lol
ReplyDelete