All That Glitters

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

These Are My Confessions...


Happy Wednesday, folks. 

I had an idea for a blog post today - something that I really wanted to discuss/get off my chest - but I decided it was just too personal for this space. However, it sparked my desire to participate in a linkup that I've never done before: Humpday Confessions. 

Vodka and Soda


I confess... that I went to a metal concert last night.

I confess... that I overanalyze everything. 

I confess... that I've been feeling a little bit more self-conscious lately than I normally do. I'm not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've been so busy the past few weeks, mixed in with a bout of strep throat, so I haven't been working out like I normally would be. My best friend is training for a triathlon - she's a total badass - and I'm just chilling in the corner, thinking about how much I suck. 

I confess... that sometimes my feelings get hurt a little too easily. Most of the time I can shake things off with no problem, but there are those occasions where I just let stupid things get to me. 

I confess... that I had a bacon cheeseburger after the show last night - at 11 pm - and it was delicious. And then I regretted it. 

I confess... that I drank at least a little bit every single day last week, which is horrendously rare for me and something I'm not too proud of. My week went a little something like this: Mug night, open mic night, 1/2 off beer night, a mudslide at the movies, a glass of wine and a beer on a date, Pig and Whiskey festival and a couple beers on Sunday. That won't be happening again any time soon. 

I confess... that I have a list of things I want to buy and am too scared to pull the trigger on any of them. I wish money grew on trees. 


I think that's enough for one day, don't you? Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to say. I'm just feeling kind of blah today. 

Anyways, we're halfway through the week! The weekend is so close, I can almost smell it. 


- A

15 comments:

  1. ohh man! i remember the days of drinking everyday, even during the work week. it was when i lived with college friends after college, they were in grad school and i had a desk job but i woudl party like i was in school with them. i would show up hungover and my 60 year old suitemate would cover for me while i recovered. now that i live on my own, its rare i drink a whole bottle of wine on a tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sounds like a blast :) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Now I want a bacon cheeseburger :) that sounds so good right now (I think it is time for lunch). Life happens and sometimes it requires a drink or two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're on the same page as me! :)

      Delete
  3. Alcohol and Bacon- two of the very best things. I hope everything gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But seriously....

      Thanks, girl! I'm out of my funk and feeling much better!

      Delete
  4. i ate a burger the other day PLUS fries and didn't regret a damn thing! it was delicious. life is too short to be caught up in guilt over one meal.

    thanks for linking up!
    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you're totally right! :) Thanks for hosting such a great link-up!

      Delete
  5. I hope you're feeling better today than yesterday. These phases come and go- but hopefully pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You're too sweet. I'm definitely out of my funk :)

      Delete
  6. I often feel self conscious too. It creeps on up from nowhere! and I am craving a bacon cheeseburger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you're beautiful! Don't forget that! :) Hope you got your bacon cheeseburger, too!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think it's a common problem amongst us females. We're just so smart, we tend to overthink things too much! :)

      Delete
  8. Hahah I always regret eating bad food late at night, but it's always so delicious!

    ReplyDelete