All That Glitters
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Evacuating a Movie Theater for Zombies
Talk about a disappearing act. Do you guys even remember who I am? It's been, what, 3 weeks since I've graced this page with my presence?
And what a whirlwind those weeks have been.
Instead of boring you with a typical weekend recap, I'll just numb you senseless with an entire 3-week recap! How does that sound?
The last week in June was a busy one for me. And it all started with a movie theater evacuation. Totally normal, I know. Typically, I wouldn't feel the need to dive into details, but this was too weird not to.
So, to start, my friends and I tried to see a movie. We sat down in our comfy, plush leather recliners, hugging our bags of popcorn to our chests, laughing at who-knows-what. I decided to run to the bathroom before the previews because I've never left a movie to pee in my life - true story - and I wasn't about to start then. So I walked into the bathroom... and the lights went out.
Yup. If you ever want to know pure terror, just go into an empty public bathroom and have the lights go out. It was something straight out of a horror movie. They turned back on a few seconds later, but not before I screamed and rushed to the sink. Where they proceeded to go out again.
I was walking back to our theater when I noticed that all the emergency doors in the hallway were closing slowly by themselves. And the lights kept turning off every minute or two. Cue my zombie apocalypse panic.
Thoughts started swirling in my head. "Oh my god, they're locking us in. We're trapped. The zombies are coming. At least I have popcorn. This reminds me of that one movie Quarantine. Shit. Is the theater possessed? Are there ghosts? Oh my god, we're going to die. But hey, at least I have popcorn!"
You know. The norm.
I ran back, completely out of breathe, and told my friends what was happening outside. Curiosity got the best of my best friend and she had to go check it out for herself. She came back, with a report that was a little less panicked then mine.
We nervously sat back when the previews started... and nothing showed up on the screen. Finally, the manager came into our theater and told us they were evacuating the theater and we could pick up our free ticket in the lobby.
So instead of seeing the deliciously sexy Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill fight crime in hilarious ways, we went to drink beer.
It worked out in the end.
Oh, so then, the rest of the week involved a fantastic concert, softball, the let down that is Transformers 4, going out with my best friends, an amazing beach volleyball tournament and a birthday party. Now that I'm thinking about it... Can I go re-live that week? Please?
Then, I headed to my favorite place in the world - Northern Michigan - for the Fourth of July. It was perfect, as always, besides me having to work a few days while up there.
Then, last week, I traveled to Texas for work. We hit 7 cities on a week-long tour and I can't even begin to describe how cool it was to see so many different locations. We started in Austin, then traveled to Brownwood, Abilene, Lubbock, Amarillo, Childress, Wichita Falls and ended in Dallas.
And then, on Friday, I flew from Texas to Chicago to go to the Fall Out Boy/Paramore concert with my best friends. It was amazing... besides the fact that I acquired strep throat and had to go home instead of spending the weekend in Chi-Town. That sucked.
So, moral of the story is it's been a crazy few weeks.
And now I'm back.
The zombies didn't get me.
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment