All That Glitters
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Confidence is Key
Well, it's been a while, guys.
I'm sorry for being so absent (like any of you really noticed my 5 day hiatus). Writing that last letter took a lot out of me mentally and emotionally. Not only that, but work has been a little insane and I just haven't had the time to sit and pour myself into a worthwhile topic. Actually, I don't know how worthwhile this entry will be, but I felt that familiar itch to write... so I'm doing just that.
Prepare for randomness.
My birthday is in 5 days! YAY! I always love birthdays. (Specially mine!) I like feeling extra special for a day. I also like knowing that another year has passed, and I'm stronger and better than before. Maybe even a little wiser, too.
I am absolutely loving The Great Gatsby soundtrack. I haven't even seen the movie yet, but I find myself listening to it on repeat. It's just plain awesome, with a variety of artists that are wonderful. Go listen to it if you haven't.
I want to take a brief moment here to talk about confidence (Like I said earlier, this post is nothing short of random). I am not an expert on the subject, because, really, I have very little. Sometimes I feel confident and just stellar; most of the time, I evaluate myself too harshly, doubt myself and focus on anything even slightly negative. I wish I were more confident in my abilities as well as my attributes, but alas, it's not that easy to remedy. My real wish though, is for the amazing people in my life to see themselves how I see them. To revel in the confidence that I have for them. I am lucky enough to be friends with some of the most wonderful, talented, beautiful people and I want them to be as confident with themselves.
Like I said, I realize it's no easy task. We all have self doubt, worries, flaws and things we'd like to change. We all wish we would have done this, not done that, took this job, went to this school. Sometimes there are things we can't accept; sometimes there are things we work really hard for, but come up short. Sometimes we excel; sometimes we feel one hundred percent beautiful and loved.
In time, I hope that those closest to me, and myself included, can find the strength to accept everything life has given us and be confident. I can get that job, I can do great things, I'm pretty, my body's not perfect and that's okay, I am loved, etc. I believe that confidence is one of the many keys to our happiness. Without it, it's a lot of dark, rainy days.
Take it from me. I know.
Anyway, this is getting a bit long for my liking. My last post was ridiculously lengthy, and I don't want to overwhelm any of you.
Enjoy the end of your week!
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment