Well friends, it's that time of week. I'm sorry I've been slacking on the posts between Wednesdays - inspiration just hasn't hit me lately - but Hump Day is here, and there's plenty that I'm loving.
1. Girls Nights. For the last couple months, I've been having girls nights with three of my friends from high school. We reconnected at our 5 year high school reunion, and let me just say, it is one of the best things that has happened to me as of late. We all found that we have a deep appreciation for Channing Tatum (what girl doesn't though? I mean, those abs? that face? sigh..) so we've been having Channing Tatum-movie girl's nights complete with food, wine, sweets and fun. So far, we've watched Magic Mike with puppy chow and pizza, and Step Up with PF Changs and a giant bottle of wine. Last night, we went to my friend KG's house and watched She's the Man (one of my favorites). She made crab rangoon dip with wonton-wrapper chips, popcorn, brownies with wine that my friend Kristin brought. We talked, laughed and oogled the gorgeous man in front of us. I just don't know what I'd do without these girls or these nights.
2. Silver Linings Playbook. I saw an ad for this movie a long, long time ago and desperately wanted to see it. In my area, it was only showing at a small, artsy theater, so my boyfriend took me one night. I absolutely fell IN LOVE with this movie. It's up there (top 2) of my all-time favorite movies. Just something about it hit me so hard; it's unexplainable. So of course, I bought the book, which I still have yet to read. And a poster, which is now framed and hanging in our living room. I'm so glad it's received such critical acclaim, and I hope it wins lots of awards at this weekend's Oscars.
![]() |
| Photo credit: http://dreamingfear.tumblr.com/post/14895882869 |
3. Tattoos. If you've read my previous posts, you know I have plenty of ideas for tattoos. But people, this is serious. I desperately, horribly, obsessively want one. I stalk them on Pinterest, and I've even had dreams about getting one! I finally found the artist I want to go to. Now I just need to make it a reality and go get it. My boyfriend wants another one (he has 4) so maybe we'll go sometime soon. I'd also like to get one with my best friend. Either way, it's happening soon. No doubt about it.
| Photo credit to: http://newyorkstreetfood.com/12446/todays-lunch-quiche-lorraine-a-buzzed-froyo-from-joyride/ |
4. Froyo. If you don't know what froyo is, A. you live under a rock, B. you need to get out from an under that rock and go get some! Froyo is frozen yogurt, and shops have opened up around the country. I first had it in St. Louis last summer and have kept my obsession going with a new store in a city right by me. You go in, grab a cup, get whatever flavor yogurt you want, then put on whatever toppings you want and however much you want. So if you want 10 pounds of Butterfinger and two pounds of gummy bears, you can. Seriously, it's delicious and HEALTHY (although 10 lbs. of Butterfinger isn't...).
5. My kitten, Marlee. I just can't get over how lucky we were to find and adopt this little ball of fur. She's just plain awesome. And adorable. And funny. I love my Marlee.
So those are some of the things I'm feeling especially lovey-dovey towards this week (and always). Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday - fall in love with something today!
- A


Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteNew Follower =)
-Jennie
Would love if you would follow back!
http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/