All That Glitters
Monday, February 25, 2013
"That's Right Put in Work, Move Your Ass, Go Berserk"
Happy Monday, folks. It's always a sad morning when you realize just how quickly the precious weekend flew by. And for some reason today, after my alarm went off, I was convinced that it was Sunday, not Monday. The feeling didn't leave until I got to work and had my first meeting. Unfortunately, it really is Monday. Ah well.
I've been wanting to write this post for a really long time now. I go to the gym pretty much every day (or at least try to), and the increase my heart rate gets from some people has to be a workout in itself. Over time, I've found that I encounter some of the most annoying people, with the most ridiculous tendencies, outfits and workouts on a daily basis at the gym. And thankfully, for my health and heart pressure, I finally have a place where I can write about these people and my pet peeves.
Let's get started:
Hats while working out... inside. It's not sunny in the gym, so why are you shielding your eyes? I can only imagine how sweaty it is under that band as your running on the treadmill. Leave it for the outdoors.
Too much cologne. Do you need to dose yourself in nasty-smelling, suffocating cologne? I don't think so. You only need deodorant. Seriously. I'm breathing heavier while working out and I don't need to be sucking in your disgusting odor.
Sagging sports bras... and no shirt. Some women feel the need to wear only a sports bra with leggings. And all the ones I've seen should not be wearing either. I advise against this fashion statement unless your name is Gisele. And even then, you're in a public place, so just put a shirt on.
Texty McTextersons... You're at the gym to work on your fitness. If you can't put your phone away for that time span, then go work out at home. I'm tired of seeing people sitting on mats or equipment BARELY working out because they're so consumed by their phones. Power down, folks.
... and Suzy Talks-A lot. Gym time does not equal "let's call everyone in our phone book and catch up." I don't want to hear your phone convo, nor do I want to run to it. Plus, you're obviously not getting a good workout if you can talk that much, so please, evacuate your machine and go away.
Teens in packs. I'm tired of seeing groups of teenage girls who would rather gossip then work out. Plus, the five minute stint on the elliptical ain't doing shit for you - sorry honey. Go chat and walk around the mall instead.
Dressing up to sweat. Ladies, dolling yourselves up to get a good sweat in is desperate and laughable. You don't need to do your hair or makeup, and you don't need to show your boobs. If you're that desperate for attention, I'd suggest going to a bar or nightclub.
People that don't know a good workout if it bit them in the ass. I know that working out for some people is a chore and I know that others just don't know what to do. However, if you think doing five sit ups, eight minutes on the bike at a snail's pace and a couple bicep curls with two pound weights will help you lose weight, you're insane. I'm so tired of seeing people think they're doing a great workout, when really, a 5-year-old could do better. All it takes is a little research and effort to find something that pushes you. So speed up that treadmill, folks! Walking slowly accomplishes nothing.
PDA for days. Hi there sweet couples. So glad that you're working out together, but sitting on mats and talking instead of stretching, and kissing instead of cardio isn't doing anything for you and it's equally not doing anything for me. Get a room or go home. Muah.
Your attire is tiring. Jeans are not acceptable clothes to work out in. I don't care if you came straight from work or forgot your shorts - don't. do. it. Neither are button down shirts, khakis, halter tops (I've seen it...), etc. I also saw a girl wear sunglasses. Just no.
I think those are the most prominent pet peeves of mine when it comes to the gym, and let me apologize if any of you do one or more of these things. I spend a lot of time there, so I think these are warranted complaints. I personally just don't enjoy seeing flying boobs on old women, suffocating on cologne or watching people barely put any effort into a workout.
Thanks for listening to my rant, and if you workout, keep pushing yourselves! Research moves for that trouble area you want to change! Intervals are better than a straight workout! And have protein when you're done. You can DO IT! (Anybody have some wine for this cheese?)
Much love.
- A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment