I've been coming to my blog on a daily basis for the past month with the intention of actually writing.
But no words have come to me.
I try to find motivation from other bloggers and their posts, but struggle to find the personal relevance. I try to look in my everyday life for a hint of a blog theme, but can't string more than two thoughts together.
I'm riding the blog struggle bus and I'm not afraid to admit it.
So, I'm here today forcing myself to come up with a topic. Because the need to write has become far too powerful for me to ignore... and my mom has started calling me out on my lack of posts. (Hi Mom!)
What should it be? How I'm excited for Fall? How I can't wait to wear leggings and boots and scarves and drink hot cider and go to football games and all things Halloween?
Nah.
Or maybe I should write about how happy I am and how I'm at such a great place in life? That I finally have it all figured out?
Boring.
Or maybe, I should write about how I've finally discovered that I'm officially "old."
There it is.
You know you're old when...
- The thought of staying up past 11 p.m. makes you want to cry.
- You walk past Forever 21 and go into something more sensible... like the Gap.
- Staying in on a Friday night sounds much more appealing than any other alternative.
- You can't stand to listen to the radio because everything on it sucks.
- Trends are lost on you.
- You can't watch award shows because you don't know who anyone is anymore.
- You get excited for things like new sheets.
- Shots become a lost art, and if you have any more than 2, you're in for a bad night.
- You go to more weddings and baby showers than parties.
- Going to a club sounds like the worst possible thing you could do.
- You buy shoes for comfort, not style.
- If you're going anywhere, you make sure to "pack for the weather!"
- You question how parents let their daughters out of the house looking the way they do.
- Loud music just isn't the same anymore.
- In fact... nothing is the same anymore.
These are just some of the ways I know I've finally reached my late-twenties. Not that they all apply to me or anything...
Have a great
- A
No comments:
Post a Comment