All That Glitters

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

26 Birthday Life Lessons


I love May. 



(I also love Star Wars...)

May is the entry into warmer weather, summertime and everything in between. Not only that, but it's my birthday month! As much as I love it usually, this May in particular has been filled with even more fun events than usual. Its included a special anniversary with my boyfriend, my one-year work anniversary, Zoo Brew, a Memorial Day 9K run, my dad's birthday, a Taylor Swift concert and the Hangout Music Festival: Part Two. 

I mean, come on. How awesome does that all sound?!

Last year, I wrote a post for my 25th birthday about 25 important life lessons I learned in my new maturity. This year, I've decided to step it up a notch and write about 26 lessons I've learned since turning 25. 

Unique, I know. 

26 Lessons I've Learned Since Turning 25

1 + Being passive aggressive is useless, immature and annoying. 
2 + Falling asleep on the couch at 9 PM is perfectly acceptable when you're 25+. 
3 + We're not 21 anymore... which applies to more aspects in life then previously thought. 
4 + Forget the past. It's the past for a reason. 
5 + Shopping now includes less "going out" clothes and more "these look comfortable" clothes.
6 + Life is too short to be anything but happy. 
7 + Your mother was right. 
8 + You think ice cream for dinner is a good idea.... and you're still right. 
9 + Trader Joe's is also known as "Heaven."
10 + Everything can change in an instant. 
11 + Travel as much as you can to as many places as you can.
12 + Buying a house is more expensive then you think...
13 + ... And the work/decorating never stops.
14 + A good workout cures all things.
15 + Bars just aren't the same anymore. 
16 + Love what you do and you'll never work a day in your life. 
17 + Nothing beats brunch. 
18 + Engagements are as common as breathing these days. 
19 + Get over it! Move on! 
20 + Clean sheets are one of life's simplest pleasures. 
21 + Be more appreciative. 
22 + You're never too old for sprinkles. 
23 + Be yourself.
24 + Cleaning is a great workout. 
25 + True friends are a precious commodity. 
26 + You can do anything you set your mind to. 

I can't believe May is almost over, but I couldn't be happier with how it went down: happily, splendidly and celebrated.


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment