All That Glitters

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holy 2014.


Oh, hey. Look who showed up to claim their prize today. It's me. The proud owner of this blog that went missing for the last two-and-a-half weeks or so. I think I even noticed my face on a milk carton or two. 

But don't worry - I'm back. The holidays have passed by in a blur of family, presents and food, and now, after a two week vacation, I'm back into my normal every day routine. I'm also freezing my arse off over here in -15 degree weather and a snow storm named after my favorite Disney movie.  

But I digress. 

To make a long post shorter than it could be, I'll recap quickly: my Christmas was awesome. I ended up having six different obligations/family get-togethers that day - yes, I said six - so it was a tad busy, but totally wonderful. I was spoiled rotten in more ways than one, that's for sure. And of course, my favorite day out of the 365 flew by faster than you can say Santa Clause. 

My New Years Eve seriously lacked in the sparkle, glitz and glitter department, but it was pretty fantastic regardless. I ended up at a friend's house with a whole group of absolutely amazing, wonderful people whom I consider myself so lucky to be hanging out with more these days. We drank, we laughed, we relaxed - it was everything and then some. 

Then, of course, a little bit of dra-ah-ma started with the ol' ball-and-chain of mine and the night ended up ruined. Someone decided it would be a grand idea to go through my phone and all my texts, then freak out about what he saw. We basically broke up, he left me at my friend's house and I went to bed at 8 a.m. Normal stuff, ladies and gents. EXCEPT NOT. 

Anyway. 

I'm feeling incredibly strong about 2014, even though the first few hours of the year didn't necessarily start off with a very positive bang. However, I feel like a new me - totally cliche, I know - but I do and it's an indescribable feeling. 



It's like a lightbulb went off in my head, causing me to finally realize what I want, what I need and what I need to change. My happiness, my future and my growth as a human being depend on it. 2014 just holds so much promise for me, it's electrifying. I get a little giddy even thinking about it. 

When it comes to those things called resolutions, I enjoy making that list of things to work on, but I don't judge the entire year's success by the checkmarks or the failures. To be honest, I can't even remember if I made any last year or the year before that, so I've failed at keeping myself accountable. 

That changes in two-thousand-fourteen. 


Over the last week, I've created a list of things that I want to strive for in this coming year. Changes, experiences, healthy habits, etc. All things to make me a better me

1. Drink more water. I drink a good amount of water each day, but not enough. 
2. Travel somewhere new. I want to get away and see the world. Just go. 
3. Run a 10k or half marathon. I love running and I want to conquer either one or both of these accomplishments.
4. Plan a girl's vacation. Hoes before bros. Always. Cherish these relationships more this year. 
5. Let go of the past. It's time to move on, girlfriend.
6. Strive for happy. Being happy should be the most important thing in one's life, yet I often find myself not truly happy. That changes this year. 
7. Rid myself of enemies and frenemies. Apologize, forgive those who have wronged me and don't spend 2014 surrounded by people I secretly despise. 

There's some other things I want to work on, but I think they're best kept to myself. Cheers to a stronger, happier, better year!


- A


No comments:

Post a Comment