My whole life, currently, revolves around writing. If you knew me as a child and while I was growing up, you wouldn't think anything of it. It's what I loved, what I lived for - it was ulimately my escape. Scan through my school notebooks and you would find poems, check through my elementary school boxes and you'll find books I wrote. So if I would have told you then that I would be working at a few magazines at 23, you would have shrugged and said, "yeah, so?"
But my writing has changed since I was younger (cause i'm so old now, right?) - I don't write for pleasure anymore, nor do I write my pains. The last time I wrote personally was last summer, in a journal that I only write in when I head up north for my annual 4th of July vacation. The subject matter was heartbreaking, too - the discovery of something my then-not-boyfriend had done while I was away. Ever since then, my writing has consisted of excavators, backhoe loaders, surveying and the like, and only happens during the hours of 9-5.
Mind you, i've always wanted to start a blog (although I did have a GreatestJournal in my high school years, it wasn't anything serious). And today, my friend Lauren gave me the push I needed - along with some outside factors that are begging to be written and expressed. There's so much going on in this head of mine that I need to get some it out. The only obvious answer: write a blog and spill my guts.
So here I go, blogging world. Venture with me, into the world of Alexis' thoughts, secrets, opinions, desires, wants, needs, hates and feelings. Buckle up.
No comments:
Post a Comment