I have a tremendous love of reading. Though I don't do it that often these days (a colossal failure on my part), I still manage to periodically lose myself and find job in the smooth pages of a book.
Cookbooks are no different. My passion for cooking has grown exponentially in the last few years -- call it adulthood, call it "loves food more than anything." Scouring the pages of a cookbook and looking at brightly-colored, perfectly poised pictures and reading tasty recipes has become a new habit of mine.
When I found out about the company Blogging for Books, it was the perfect match for me. Not only did it bring together my love of reading and free books, but tied it all together in a neat package with one of my other loves: blogging. I couldn't sign up fast enough.
For my first book, I chose "The Soup Club Cookbook." My thought process when browsing the options went like this: "I should get a cookbook. Oh, look at this one! Soups are easy to make, right? Plus, look at how pretty the cover is!"
That's right - the bright cover with pink, orange and yellow concoctions lured me in.
And it didn't disappoint. The pages are filled with delicious recipes, handmade drawings, tips and commentary from the four authors.
Part One of the book dives into starting your own soup club. It's a really informative Q&A that explains things like when the club happens, essential pantry ingredients, and tools for cooking and delivery. From there, it plays helpful instructor and starts you off easy with the making of broths, a "technique-free" science that sets the stage for future soup cooking.
The cookbook then gets into soups of assembly and different toppings for your soup creations. Grilled cheese croutons? Sign me up. Then, it's soups, soups and all soups. Some of the recipes are more complex for expert chefs, while some are perfect for novices like me.
After the delicious pages filled with liquified goodness, there are recipes for non-soup creations like salads, dressings, breads, pastas and more. It really doesn't get any better than this, and they all sound AMAZING.
A few of my favorites that I'm excited to try?
- A
Cookbooks are no different. My passion for cooking has grown exponentially in the last few years -- call it adulthood, call it "loves food more than anything." Scouring the pages of a cookbook and looking at brightly-colored, perfectly poised pictures and reading tasty recipes has become a new habit of mine.
When I found out about the company Blogging for Books, it was the perfect match for me. Not only did it bring together my love of reading and free books, but tied it all together in a neat package with one of my other loves: blogging. I couldn't sign up fast enough.
For my first book, I chose "The Soup Club Cookbook." My thought process when browsing the options went like this: "I should get a cookbook. Oh, look at this one! Soups are easy to make, right? Plus, look at how pretty the cover is!"
That's right - the bright cover with pink, orange and yellow concoctions lured me in.
And it didn't disappoint. The pages are filled with delicious recipes, handmade drawings, tips and commentary from the four authors.
Part One of the book dives into starting your own soup club. It's a really informative Q&A that explains things like when the club happens, essential pantry ingredients, and tools for cooking and delivery. From there, it plays helpful instructor and starts you off easy with the making of broths, a "technique-free" science that sets the stage for future soup cooking.
The cookbook then gets into soups of assembly and different toppings for your soup creations. Grilled cheese croutons? Sign me up. Then, it's soups, soups and all soups. Some of the recipes are more complex for expert chefs, while some are perfect for novices like me.
After the delicious pages filled with liquified goodness, there are recipes for non-soup creations like salads, dressings, breads, pastas and more. It really doesn't get any better than this, and they all sound AMAZING.
A few of my favorites that I'm excited to try?
- Cheese crisps
- Roasted asparagus soup
- Roasted winter squash and sweet potato soup
- Cucumber-yogurt soup
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Kale chips
- Squash bread
- Melted cheese crackers (because, hello, cheese...)
In the end, I would definitely, definitely recommend checking this book out if you're a foodie like me!
And let me know if you want to be invited to my future soup party.
- A




No comments:
Post a Comment