All That Glitters

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's ALIVE!


Holy smokes - it has been forever since I've written. I won't blame you if you've forgotten who I am during my absence. It's been almost three weeks since you've read my lovely words on your screen and I apologize. Being a working woman puts blogging on the back burner sometimes. Being a traveling working woman guarantees it. 

Two weeks ago, I was in North Dakota for a Bobcat press event. When you think North Dakota, I'm pretty sure that you think middle-of-no-where farm country - I know I did. And while it primarily is flat farm country, it's actually pretty nice. At least Fargo is. Anywho, I had a delightful trip, tore down some trees, broke some concrete and learned all about Bobcat products. 

I came home for approximately three days, and then last week, I traveled by 7-hour car ride to the Quad Cities of Illinois/Iowa for the John Deere Coal Valley Rally press event. It was a larger group than Bobcat, but still as fun. A friend that I made at a Caterpillar trip months ago was there, and it was nice to catch up and spend some time with her. I even won an award - the "Smooth Operator" award. Try not to be jealous, willya? 

On Thursday, I finally returned to my normal Michigan life. Though I had a great time at both events, there's nothing like being in the familiar essence of home. The weekend was filled with some shopping (let's be serious - lots of shopping) in which I picked up some work dresses, a cute summery dress, a pair of red work pants, up north clothes and a Kate Spade bottle of perfume. And I ordered a new bathing suit that was on sale. To say my wallet is hurting would be an understatement. But I'm happy. So it's a toss up. 

Then on Sunday, the beau and I spent the morning with his fam, then spent a few hours with my momma. Then we had our typical Sunday softball game, which, besides the overwhelming heat, went great! I even feel like I made some positive steps with a girl who I was convinced hated me. Maybe it was because she was drunk, maybe not. But I left in a great mood, feeling more positive than I have in a long time. 

This Friday, I'll be heading Up North to my favorite place in the world and I could not be more excited. A nice, non-work getaway is definitely needed! A SUNNY getaway would be even better - AHEM, mother nature! 


Yeah, that had better change. 

Does anyone else feel like the spring went be extremely fast? I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that it's almost July. Pretty soon, it will be September and the fall season will be upon us. 

There have been so many great times already this spring/summer, and there are so many more to come! Up North, my boy's birthday, the JT/Jay-Z concert, the Big Sean concert, more 5K's with friends and a potential surprise trip in September. I'm hoping to add even more to that list and keep the fun a-coming! 

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm alive and well. I know you were all worried. 

Have a lovely Tuesday, friends! 


- A

No comments:

Post a Comment